*At no point in the process of determining whether you should be taking an Entry Level Refresher or Small Sided REVIEW should you contact BC Soccer, they will not answer your question. Only our RIC can answer this question: Al Ryder firstname.lastname@example.org!
All Referee Clinics are typically held between January and April every year.
SMALL SIDED REFEREES:
-Individuals must be at least 12 years old before taking the Small Sided Referee course.
-Small Sided Referees officiate in any match with players between U7 and U12.
-The Small Sided Referee clinic is 6 hours of instruction.
-Returning Small Sided Referees are required to attend a 2 hour Small Sided REVIEW.
Small Sided CLINIC (First time refereeing):
The Small Sided Referee Clinic is the basics of refereeing and is offered to individuals who are at least 12 years of age (any participant must be 12 years old on or before the start of the course). Once an individual is successful in passing this clinic, they are classified as a Small Sided Referee and may officiate in any match with players between U-7 and U-12.
Pre-requisite: Minimum 12 years old on the day of the clinic
Clinic Length: 6 hours
Clinic Fee: $40.00 (plus $4.25 user fee / system processing fee)
To sign up for a Small Sided Clinic:
1) Go to the BC Soccer Referee Clinic page: http://www.bcsoccer.net/referee-clinics
2) Then scroll down and click "Small Sided Referee Clinics" (Administered by BC Soccer)
3) Then scroll down and click "Schedule of Clinics and Registration: Click Here"
4) This takes you to the "Ref Center Course Management Page" where there will be three drop down menus. Choose the "COYSA" option from the first drop down menu.
5) Pressing "Search" will take you to a list of Small Sided clinics. To register click on the blue "Register" button on the right hand side of the screen.
6) On the next screen input personal information and have a credit card ready to complete the registration.
If you have any questions about this process please email Al Ryder: email@example.com
Small Sided REVIEW (only for Small Sided Refs from 2016):
The Small Sided Review is for referees who have completed the Small Sided Clinic in previous years. Registration will only be accepted in advance, in writing, with payment attached.
Courses fill quickly - register early by clicking HERE for the REVIEW form. Please print, complete in full and drop it off at the address on the form (Hunter Court). If the main building doors are unlocked, please put in our mailbox. If the main building doors are locked, an envelope will fit between them.
NOTE: You DO NOT register on the BC Soccer website for the Small Sided Review.
A: Tuesday, April 04
B: Wednesday, April 05 FULL
C: Monday, April 10 FULL
D: Tuesday, April 11
All are 6:00pm-8:00pm and will be held in the COYSA office: #206-1415 Hunter Court.
If you have any questions about this process, please email Al Ryder: firstname.lastname@example.org
*At no point in the process of determining whether you should be taking an Entry Level Refresher or Small Sided REVIEW should you contact BC Soccer, they will not answer your question, only the RIC can answer this question!